Manage episode 176896407 series 1400945
Melissa’s family Spring Break vacation was in sync with Dave’s March Madness vacation, so they all met up in Las Vegas, NV to take in the sights. Of course they couldn’t pass up the opportunity to visit the local Apple Store where they had a great time chatting with “Apple Store Steve." He showed them some great new tips and they will share them with you! Full show notes are on our website InTouchwithiOS.com
• Tips from Vegas: 1. Super-fast print to PDF: pinch out in the print sheet to save a PDF
2. Audio AND visual ways to ping iPhone from Apple Watch: long-press the iPhone ping button on Apple Watch and the torch will flash along with a single tracking sound
3. Catch an incoming call on Apple Watch and place it on hold to answer it on iPhone: turn Digital Crown to scroll up then tap 'Answer on iPhone.' Your caller will be greeted by your “Digital Assistant” and placed on hold while you retrieve your iPhone. You can even ping your iPhone in the event you can not locate it. Same as the previous tip, tap and hold the iPhone ping icon and it will also flash the light to make it easier to locate by sight.
• New Gear: A new iPad was released! Compare tech specs for iPad Pro (2 sizes) and iPad or iPad mini 4There are 3 screen sizes and this refers to the measurement taken from one corner to the other diagonally: 12.9 inches, 9.7 inches, and 7.9 inches Vegas was not a good place to rest, but thankfully SleepPhones® Effortless came to the rescue! SleepPhones® Effortless SleepPhones® Wireless
• News & Updates: iOS 10.3.1 was released along with watchOS 3.2, tvOS 10.2 "A tour of iOS 10.3: Checking out APFS, the Settings app, and other tweaks" — Ars Technica
Then 10.3.1 was released. “iOS 10.3.1 includes bug fixes and improves the security of your iPhone or iPad” — Ars Technica
"Apple’s iOS 10.3.1 Update Fixes Critical Broadcom WiFi Security Flaw" — The Mac Observer
"watchOS 3.2 Adds Theater Mode, SiriKit" — The Mac Observer
"Apple Releases tvOS 10.2 with Watch Anywhere Video Rental Support" — The Mac Observer
"APFS in iOS Isn’t Any Faster Than on the Mac" — The Mac Observer
64bit file system and apps are end of the road in 32bit: "How Do I Know Which Apps Will Not Be Compatible With iOS 11?" — AppAdvice
• Apps: Puffin Web Browser
Join us at Macstock 2017! This is the third annual Macstock where Dave and Melissa will both be giving presentations. Don’t miss it! Use Coupon Code: intouchwithios for $30.00 OFF your ticket.
• Meta: ITWIOS 004 What Happens in Vegas was recorded April 5, 2017. “Please Listen Carefully” by Jahzzar is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0. In Touch with iOS is an independently produced podcast, publication and social identity and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. All other Apple Inc. trademarks discussed are property of Apple Inc. A full list of Apple trademarks is available here. Sometimes we use affiliate links for products in show notes. Unless otherwise noted, these products or services are not a sponsor. Your patronage helps to support our content production at no additional cost to you and does not alter our honest opinion of said product or service.
42 episodes available. A new episode about every 22 days averaging 57 mins duration .