Faan van der Walt, co-founder of WeBuyCars, on building a successful company from scratch
Manage episode 335354823 series 2955814
WeBuyCars was founded by two brothers and quickly became one of the biggest car-buying companies in South Africa. Faan van der Walt, one of the co-founders, has learned a lot about success on this journey of growing and evolving a business.
On this episode he speaks to us about:
- How his childhood fascination with cars turned into a long-term career.
- What it is like to build a business with his brother.
- How their success was built on determined focus.
- The story behind buying The Dome in Johannesburg to turn it into a vehicle showroom.
- The future plans for the business.
Find us by going to www.up.ac.za/leadup and clicking on Podcasts. To listen, you can stream, download, and subscribe online or on your favourite podcast app on your phone. Help us out by rating and reviewing us. New episodes are out on the last Monday of the month.
LeadUP is a production of the University of Pretoria’s Alumni Office. Our host is Lennox Wasara and our team includes Elna Schütz and Samantha Castle. Our sound engineers are Louis Cloete Productions.