Manage episode 238132174 series 2471185
We want to welcome NCTM Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient and co-author of one of the books we reference MOST OFTEN on this podcast: 5 Practices for Orchestrating Productive Mathematical Discussions The wonderful Dr. Peg Smith.
Listen in as we take a deep dive to unpack ALL 5 Practices AND you’ll hear from Peg about the other TWO practices that she often references, Why the 5 Practices are your roadmap to implementing high level tasks, How you can use assessing questions and advancing questions, and How to get STARTED with the 5 practices.
- The origin story of the 5 practices
- Why the 5 Practices are your roadmap to implementing high level tasks.
- How to get STARTED with the 5 practices
- All tasks are not created equal.
- How you can use assessing questions and advancing questions.
Show Notes: https://makemathmoments.com/episode33