Manage episode 300352229 series 2770060
The MCAT Basics Podcast begins a new series on Metabolism, and in today's episode, Alex Starks talks about Glycolysis. The series covers the chemistry, biochemistry, and biology of glucose metabolism and how this high-yield MCAT topic can be tested on the AAMC MCAT Exam.
- [00:55] Metabolism for the MCAT
- [05:20] Insulin-dependent Cells
- [06:25] Cellular-level Catalyzation of Glucose
- [09:57] Glycolysis Explained in 10 Steps
- [21:50] The Presence and Absence of Oxygen During Respiration
- [25:35] Quiz and Important Takeaways