Manage episode 290346828 series 2444810
It might be hard to believe, but research shows that people who have traveled abroad are happier and healthier than those who've never left their home country.
Our next guest, Lisa Niver, is an award-winning travel expert who has explored 101 countries and six continents. You can find her talking travel at KTLA TV and on her "We Said Go Travel" blog, which is read in 235 countries. Lisa's articles have been published in AARP, American Airways, Jewish Journal, Ms. Magazine, Smithsonian Magazine, Teen Vogue, and Wharton Magazine. She is currently writing a book, "Brave(ish): It's All About Perspective, 50 Adventures Before 50," about her most recent travels and challenges.
Bob and Lisa discuss:
- Doing your homework, planning for the unexpected, and having contingency plans when traveling.
- Trusting your instincts in a foreign country.
- How traveling abroad changes your perspective on life.
- Lisa's favorite "F" word.
- Throwing money at a problem usually leaves you with less money.
Ready for your next adventure? Let Lisa be your guide. Visit lisaniver.com or wesaidgotravel.com to learn more about her traveling "do's" and "dont's." Check out her "We Said Go Travel" videos on YouTube, with over 1.3 million views, and prepare for an epic journey. @LisaNiver, @WeSaidGoTravel