Victory Fort Bonifacio is a church in Bonifacio Global City that exists to honor God and make disciples. It is a member of Victory Philippines and under Every Nation Churches and Ministries.
Manage episode 216979562 series 1987359
By Colleen Payne Dietz Post Mormon Activist. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Colleen and Lesley take a chronological approach through the past 2 weeks of sexual abuse hot topics in Mormonism. We vent our way through Sam Young of the Protect LDS Children movement called to a disciplinary court and the results of that court still undetermined. Don’t miss McKenna Denson calling out her alleged rapist, former Missionary Training Center President Joseph Bishop in front of his local congregation. Next, beloved Progressive Mormon Columnist for the SLTrib, Robert Kirby, responds to Denson’s call-out and social media erupts. MormonLeaks is sued by Brigham Young University, and also this past Tuesday, drops a leaked memo from Kirton McConkie, the LDS Church’s law firm. The memo addresses 6 cases of sexual misconduct and how the church [MIS] handles them. And we wrap up the vent fest with two brave women who are speaking out about the unsafe conditions of LDS missionaries, including their own harrowing experiences of sexual assault. Full video of the episode is available on Patreon.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- McKenna Denson: Video of Woman calls out her rapist in front of his church congregation
- Robert Kirby Column: Denson’s latest ‘assault’ claims against Mormon men don’t hold up
- SLTrib: Letter: Assault is not a subject for Kirby’s Mockery
- Blog: Calling out Robert Kirby
- Tribune Columnist Robert Kirby suspended after investigation into inappropriate behavior
- Sam Young’s blog about his Excommunication Notice
- Newsweek: Mormon Bishop Sam Young Facing Excommunication for Wanting to Stop Sexually Explicit Interviews of Children
- SLTrib: BYU says it doesn’t have to release police interview with MTC leader accused of assault, files three lawsuits over records requests
- A Thoughtful Faith Podcast: Taking Mormons to Court Defending Sexual Abuse Victims Against the LDS Church by Tim Kosnoff
- Wheats and Tares: Exclusion Policy Removed from Seminary Curriculum…Again
- SLTrib: The LDS Church says it wasn’t ‘responding well’ to sexual assaults in the mission field
- SLTrib: The LDS Church is trying to combat the idea that missionaries have special protection
- MormonLeak Internal Memo from Kirton McConkie regarding sexual misconduct