Manage episode 352672858 series 3361186
Way back in episode 1, I mentioned that the sources are not exactly as clear on what "the nine realms" are as popular media would have us believe. In this episode, we dig into all the ways the phrase "nine realms" is used in the sources, and try our best to put together a working model of how the Norse cosmos was really shaped.
- “Contradictory cosmology in old norse myth and religion – but still a system?” by Eldar Heide, 2014
- “The Poetic Edda”, transl. by Carolyne Larrington, 2014
- “The Prose Edda”, transl. by Anthony Faulkes, 1995
- Write in: waelhraefn (at) gmail (dot) com
- Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/Nvw5hmkRsW
Celebration by Alexander Nakarada (www.serpentsoundstudios.com) Licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/