Manage episode 364499255 series 3361186
It's story time again! And this time we're digging into what might be the most famous legendary saga ever to come out of Scandinavia: The Saga of the Vǫlsungs. As we dig in, it'll become clear how all of the principles we've talked about on the show so far come together to produce a story with a distinct Norse flavor, and one that has inspired tropes that have been repeated in story after story for the last thousand years. It's a long one this time, and I hope you enjoy it!
- “The Saga of the Volsungs”, transl. by Jesse Byock, 2004, supplemented by some of my own translations from the source text
- “The Poetic Edda”, transl. by Carolyne Larrington, 2014
- "The Prose Edda", transl. by Anthony Faulkes, 1995
- Write in: waelhraefn (at) gmail (dot) com
- Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/Nvw5hmkRsW
Celebration by Alexander Nakarada (www.serpentsoundstudios.com) Licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/