Manage episode 263725891 series 2291858
Currently having trouble translating these blog posts to show notes, for maximum linkage and view-ability please go here: https://wethehallowed.org/keats-ross-wmit
Like, Share, Subscribe to this wonderful podcast.
From Douglas Batchelor, Host of WHAT MAGIC IS THIS?
“What if I told you that you could have certain desires manifest in your life with a few seemingly simple steps? What if things in your life could change to meet with your aspirations both physical and mental? A somewhat recent weapon in the Magicians arsenal, Sigils are pictographic representation of an outcome that you desire. Their possibilities are seemingly endless, from creation to activation to disposing of them. Sigils go to the core of magic in many ways and are great evidence that symbolic thinking is indeed Magical. In this Episode of What Magic is This? Douglas is joined by fellow Magician and host of Pragmagick Podcast Keats Ross to talk about those weirdly wonderful squiggly lines.
My Guest Keats Ross has both a Podcast and an arts collective dedicated to Magic and the Metaphysical. WE tHe HALLOWED.ORG has plenty of great content and Keats’ discussions with his guests are fantastic so be sure to check out Pragmagick. Click the Planchette Below!
And as a lovely little chaser to this episode- Keats goes through his process of creating an Audio Sigil. This video only goes to show that Keats has more talent in his Left hand than I do in my entire body.”
Show Notes & Links
- Sigils Reboot – Gordon White’s notorious Sigil techniques
- Several of Gordon White’s articles on Rune Soup regarding Sigils as well as a link to Gordon’s Books. In my opinion they are all essential reading
- Become a Premium Member of Rune Soup and take Gordon’s Sigil Course. This is it. This is the course to take so as to figure out how to do Sigils properly. I am a seasoned veteran of Sigil Magic but Gordon takes it to a whole new level. Highly Recommended
- Six Ways: Approaches and Entries for Practical Magic by Aidan Wachter – One of the best books to get started on Practical Magic. This is the book I recommend when I get asked ‘Where do I start?’
- Aidan Wachter on Glitch Bottle Podcast talking about Sigils, Vessels and Doors – Glitch Bottle is an inexhaustible fount of Occult Knowledge. This is a wonderful interview and there is another Aidan Wachter episode if you desire
- Liber Null & Psychonaut by Peter J Carroll – You need this book. ’nuff said
- Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine – I love this book. More essential reading
- Agrippa and the Magic Squares
- The Fourth Book of Occult Philosophy – One of my favourites
- Austin Osman Spare and the Zos Kia Cultus by Kenneth Grant
- Some of Austin Osman Spare’s Art – Take your time and click around this site. Quite a bit of his work is here and it is amazing
- The Fin-de-Siécle Magical aesthetic of Austin Osman Spare
- René Schwaller de Lubicz – Aaron Cheak’s site has some amazing articles about this incredibly interesting figure, one I think is vastly overlooked
- The Juncture of Transcendence and Concretion – This is a must read essay by Aaron Cheak about R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz and his idea of Symbolique
- The Book of Results by Ray Sherwin – Little slice of late 70’s Chaos Magic
- Small Article about Grant Morrison’s The Invisibles
- A look back at the Great Thanksgiving Sigil Wank to save The Invisibles
- Grant Morrison at DisinfoCon – The Video that made me start Practical Magic. Warning! This Video starts with a terrifyingly loud Scream from a Scotsman
- Disinformation’s Book of Lies
- Mitch Horowitz and Anarchic Magick
- The 10-Day Miracle Challenge – Please please please give this a shot as well
- Greek Sigil Wheel – Sam Block on another Sigil creation method
- Sigil Daily
- Sigil subReddit – Remember kids, ’tis a silly place… Especially for the Occult
- Dr. Dean Radin – I love this man. Get all of his books, they are fantastic. Especially Real Magic
- Friend of the Show Rev. Erik Arneson has an Introduction to Sigils Course!
- My last Guest Eric Millar created a Hypersigil to rid his house of Ants. Behold! Poison Trail! Very cool comic. Shades of Lynd Ward. Love it.
- The Lonely Dudes using Magick to Get Laid – Worked for me!
- Barre Toelken – Wonderful Folklorist. All of his work is amazing, especially on Coyote