Manage episode 268829795 series 2336001
Stephen (Stephen Swartz) is an indie-electronic music artist, from Virginia, living in Los Angeles. In 2015, his hit single “Crossfire” amassed over 100 million streams. It led to him releasing his 2016 debut LP Sincerely that garnered fan and critical praise. Stephen is about to release his new album Akrasia on August 21st.
Stephen and I talked about his career and work. We explored how his deep philosophical approach and life experience has helped him create music. Stephen shared how staying true to his artistic calling helped him from getting stuck chasing success, and allowed him to fully express himself with his art.
- Official Site - Stephen's web page.
- Delilah - Music video for his latest track.
- Crossfire - 2015 music video.
- Bullet Train - Music video for Stephen's 2012 hit.
- SoundCloud - Follow Stephen on SoundCloud.
- Instagram - Keep up with Stephen on the Gram.
- Citizen Cope - Official Site.
- Music Production Club - My monthly subscription service for music production tools and sounds.
- Save 25% on Ableton Live Packs at My Store with the code: PODCAST
Thank you for listening. Please consider giving the Music Production Podcast a review on your favorite podcast provider. And don’t forget to visit my site BrianFunk.com for music production tutorials, videos, and sound packs.