Manage episode 236269202 series 2372477
Pork Egg Roll Noodle Bowl by The Candid Appetite, Spring Vegetable Pasta Alfredo by Cooking Light, and Chickpea Pot Pie by Food52
Scrolling around Instagram can be an hour gone before you know it. (That’s half the fun and half the risk!) All those accounts with beautiful food and recipes that are carefully bookmarked for another day. We finally dug into our list of “make soon” recipes and found three that stood above the crowd. A pork noodle bowl, chickpea pot pie, and vegetable pasta alfredo all made the cut of more than a few forgotten recipes.
Take all the flavors of a pork egg roll and mix them up with noodles and you have this recipe from The Candid Appetite. Everything came together quickly with ingredients that are both pantry and wallet friendly.
- Skip the sesame oil for the pork. We didn’t taste it much and thought it may have made the dish a bit heavy.
- Use pre -shredded cabbage and carrots to make this even quicker.
Decadent pasta alfredo gets the veggie treatment in this recipe from Cooking Light. Plenty of spring vegetables like peas, asparagus, and arugula come together with just a bit of creamy alfredo sauce. Don’t worry- it still feels like a treat but won’t leave you needing to take a nap.
- Make sure to whisk constantly while adding the milk and flour mixture. This will help stop any lumps.
- Betsy might increase the amount of pasta for her kids; Kate liked the abundance of vegetables compared to noodles. See what works for you.
- We used a whole wheat penne pasta and some short shapes left from a trip to Trader Joes. Any medium sized shaped pasta works well here.
Savory all the way through, this pot pie gets its depth of flavor from miso and boullion, not chicken. Tender vegetables and chickpeas, covered in a rich gravy and topped with a crispy puff pastry topper, this is a decadent vegetarian feast.
- Make sure to take the puff pastry out of the freezer with plenty of time to thaw.
- Puff pastry doesn’t keep terribly well. If you’d like to make this multiple nights, a toasted bread topper might also be nice.
94 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 21 mins duration .