Manage episode 284806898 series 1594851
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) Tax Policy & Advocacy Team and volunteer members continually monitor and advocate on legislative, regulatory, and administrative tax matters. The team has been off to an active 2021, following a remarkably busy 2020. Guests Amy Wang and Alex Scott of the AICPA Tax Policy & Advocacy Team join host Damien Martin to share updates and provide insight into the current areas the team is closely watching and working in. Here’s what’s covered:
- [03:20] Update on virtual currency-related tax issues and the AICPA comment letter on IRS virtual currency guidance (February 28, 2020)
- [07:45] Insights on partnership tax basis capital reporting and the AICPA comment letter on Notice 2020-43 regarding tax capital reporting (September 15, 2020)
- [16:07] Form 1065 instruction updates and the AICPA comment letter on the draft Form 1065 instructions (December 7, 2020)
- [17:47] The latest on the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) digital tax developments and AICPA advocacy efforts
- [22:33] Forms 5471 and 5472 penalty issues
- [26:14] Section 163(j) guidance and AICPA advocacy efforts
- AICPA comment letter on final and proposed regulations – pass-through issues (December 21, 2020)
- AICPA comment letter on Section 163(j) international and exempt organization issues (December 21, 2020)
- [36:20] Advice on the 2021 tax filing season
Learn more about our guests and get additional resources here.
GET MORE “SIMPLY TAX”
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to SimplyTax@bkd.com.
Connect with Damien on social media!