Manage episode 242466965 series 1353289
Japan is famously not “religious” yet there is a sense of spirituality that permeates throughout. From cultural touchstones, to shrines and temples, talismans, even manners and customs all seem to carry a piece of the spiritual life of Japan. Our solo travel advisor Astrid Clements sensed it on her recent trip to Japan and trust us when we say the spiritual energy had its impact.
- Solo Travel Talk was recognized by Feedspot in Luxury Travel Podcasts! Woo hoo!
- Astrid mentioned a quote about the spiritual nature of Japan found here.
Some of the questions answered on this episode…
- What are the religious traditions in Japan?
- What is the protocol for visiting shrines or temples in Japan?
- What is the modern spiritual life of Japan like?
- How does nature play into the spiritual life of Japan?
- Is Japan mostly atheist? Why?
We love sharing the most innovative and informative content to get you out there solo. The AstridTravel Club is now open! Click through to see if the Club is right for you. Follow Astrid on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or with your favorite podcast app. Just go solo!