Manage episode 243139500 series 1745938
Mark Fauser is the author of "Because of Burt" and "Cool's Angel". He has been a television and movie actor, director, screenwriter, and producer. He had parts in such shows as Jag, Evening Shade, Coach, SeaQuest, and Quantum Leap. He moved from Hollywood to Marion, Indiana in the early 2000’s and proceeded to help build up the Community School of the Arts as the Executive Director. He has continued to add value to the Marion community as the Director of Marketing for the City and currently serves as a Creative Development Consultant for Marion Community Schools. He has a love and passion for helping the community and has a desire to give back. His relationships with such stars as Jim Caviezel, Kelly Ripa, Billy Bob Thornton, and his mentor Burt Reynolds were key as he was able to get them to help the Community School of the Arts in various ways. In 2006 he won the Marion Grant County Chamber of Commerce Chairman’s Award. In 2007 he won the Indiana University Public Service Award and the Grant County Community Achievement Award. He was presented with the 2011 Indiana Governor’s Arts Award for his work as a writer, actor and his leadership for the Community School of the Arts. He lives with his wife and three children in Marion, Indiana and works out of a home office that is decorated from wall-to-wall with action figures.In today’s episode, we discuss:
- His mentor and friend Burt Reynolds
- The process of writing his first book
- James Dean and the musical Cool's Angel
- ... and so much more!!!
Because of Burt book by Mark Fauser
Cool's Angel book by Mark Fauser
Articles of Interest . . .
- Honoring a Friend
- Mark Fauser Stays Busy
- My ‘remembrance’ of Burt Reynolds
- 2011 Governor’s Arts Awards Spotlight: Mark Fauser.
Past "Success is a Choice" podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Kaya Jones (former Pussycat Doll) - Episode 115
- John Corcoran (former White House speechwriter) - Episode 110
- Greg Tonagel (Indiana Wesleyan basketball coach) - Episode 106
- Nicole Arbour (Comedian and Entertainer) - Episode 088
- Bernard Robichaud (Trailer Park Boys) - Episode 086
- Jeff Raver (Sales Trainer, Former Marion resident) – Episode 035
- Bill Coelius (Actor) – Episode 025
- Kevin Harrington (original Shark on “Shark Tank”) – Episode 021
- Bobby Cox (IHSAA Commissioner) – Episode 019
- Ryan McCarty (Culture of Good, Former Marion resident) – Episode 007
Mark Fauser was able to cross something off his bucket list when he wrote his book “Because of Burt”. You might be like Mark and have a book inside of you or an idea for a book but just don’t know how to bring it to fruition. Mark used MH Book Services to help make his book a reality. If you want to write a book or have a manuscript already done but don’t know what your next step should be, then I encourage you to visit MHBookServices.com. They can help you with graphic design or editing. But the main thing that they do is help make the whole process easier. They can either walk you through the process or they can do the work for you so that you don’t make all the first time mistakes.Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”