Manage episode 240097391 series 2508667
Mel, Tom and Robert get together to talk all things Tesla… SpaceX, climate concerns, EV competitors, Telsa prices and issues with service centers.
- SpaceX Merch News https://shop.spacex.com/featured-products.html
- From the source: https://youtu.be/gV6hP9wpMW8 (skip to 2:20)
- Insect 'apocalypse' in U.S. driven by 50x increase in toxic pesticides
- A hotter planet will make solar power less efficient https://www.technologyreview.com/s/614140/a-hotter-planet-will-make-solar-power-less-efficient/
- Tom’s new car: Drako unveils insanely powerful and expensive all-electric supercar - Electrek
- European car sales analysis March and Q1 2019
- European car sales are down this year:
- 7% decline in January
- 2,6% decline in February
- 3,7% in March
- Most of the decline can still be attributed to the after effects of the introduction of new fuel efficiency and emissions testing standard called WLTP (Worldwide harmonized Light vehicle Test Procedure) in September
- As in five out of the last six months, crossovers and SUVs are the only category to improve their sales volume year-on-year, with a 3,2% increase leading to a 36,9% market share.
- Big winner among manufacturers is once again Tesla Motors, both in absolute figures and in year-on-year growth as Tesla more than triples its volume on last year thanks to the start of deliveries of the Model 3.
- The PoleStar 2 Battery https://insideevs.com/news/343110/lets-take-a-closer-look-at-polestar-2-battery-details/
- Change in Model 3 Price = Much!! https://electrek.co/2019/08/16/tesla-model-y-prcie-increase-model-3-performance/amp/
- Shutting down Loaner Program https://electrek.co/2019/08/16/tesla-shutting-service-loaner-elon-musk/amp/