Manage episode 286563604 series 2334368
This week we're joined by Dr Courtney Thompson to discuss the history of phrenology and physiognomy and their relationship to modern technologies and culture.
- Find more of Dr Thompson's work and her book 'An Organ of Murder: Crime, Violence, and Phrenology in Nineteenth-Century America': history.msstate.edu/people/courtney-thompson/
- Or you can find her on twitter at: twitter.com/Dr_C_Thompson
- You can see the 'Good and Bad heads' picture in her article 'Rediscovering “Good” and “Bad” Heads in the Phrenological Present' here: nursingclio.org/2020/12/08/rediscovering-good-and-bad-heads-in-the-phrenological-present/
- Find out more about Physogs and Photofit in Courtney's article in Endeavour: sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0160932719300468?via%3Dihub
- You can listen to our podcast on Facial Recognition here: privacyinternational.org/video/4368/podcast-end-privacy-spread-facial-recognition
- And you can support Privacy International here: support.privacyinternational.org