Manage episode 181640509 series 1282967
This week we take you behind the scenes of the new infrastructure for Changelog.com and talk with Gerhard Lazu. We relaunched the new brand and site for Changelog on Phoenix/Elixir in October of 2016 and we needed a better way to reliably host and deploy the site. That’s where Gerhard came in. We cover all the details and decisions in this show.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Sentry – Get 30 days free when you sign up with the code
- Hired – Get hired. It’s free — in fact, they pay you to get hired. Our listeners get a double hiring bonus of $600.
- Microsoft Azure OpenDev – See what’s possible with open source in the cloud. Watch the recorded videos from this live event to see real-world demonstrations of Azure supporting open technologies. Hear from leaders in the open source community. Learn how you can build containerized microservices and improve your open source DevOps pipeline.
- Gerhard Lazu – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Gerhard guest blogged for us about Ansible and Docker way back in the day (Feb 21, 2014)
- Jerod found edeliver which was based on deliver a pure bash deployment tool with customisable strategies
- Gerhard gave a talk about the process