Manage episode 211600531 series 1694076
Like fantasy sports? Listen to our deep decarbonization draft.
The Energy Gang is break this week for the July 4 holiday. We'll be back next week.
In the meantime, we're offering up a re-run from The Interchange.
In this episode, Shayle and Stephen choose their rosters of nine technologies to decarbonize the global economy. The goal: find the best resource mix to keep global temperatures below 2 degrees Celsius.
- The draft has nine rounds. The “team” resulting from each person’s picks will need to stand on its own.
- Each pick must be a unique technology. For example, “energy efficiency” is not a pick, but “LED lighting” is.
- Technologies with major subsets must be picked separately. For example, rooftop solar and centralized solar are two different picks.
- The existing technology mix will stand. (We don’t need to pick “transmission & distribution" in order to have electricity.)
- The time horizon will be through 2050.
- The winner will be chosen by listeners.
If you like what you hear, subscribe to The Interchange anywhere you get your podcasts!
The Energy Gang will be back next week.