Manage episode 275318503 series 2761936
This week, Lucinda talks about developing a learning culture, a task that may be a little more challenging now that so many of us are working in a hybrid environment. How do we create a sense of engagement with our workers remotely? In this week’s show, Lucinda offers some practical ways in which you can ensure that learning remains a vital part of your business culture in the new working landscape.
- Fewer than half of UK employees feel that their job offers them good opportunities to develop their skills. Is it reasonable to assume that a job provides development?
- Indeed, a learning culture is defined as an environment where learning is not only embedded, but encouraged across every level of the organisation.
- The main block to a learning culture generally tends to be time. Employees do not perceive that they have time away from their tasks in order to develop.
- Certainly, at a line manager level, we must examine the “buy-in” quality that they have. Is there lack of enthusiasm for their teams to develop, a product of their own lack of development?
‘Development is a key aspect of employee engagement and making people feel valued'
‘Learning should be useful - it should be utilised in some way’
’They were learning, they just didn’t recognise it…'
’Step back and evaluate the overall learning environment that exists already'
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- The host of the HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, and author of the best-selling book 'How to be a Change Superhero'.
- Actus Software resource particularly relevant to this podcast:
- Furthermore, you can find additional free HR Resources on the Actus Website: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Change Superhero Resources
- Book: How To Be A Change Superhero - by Lucinda Carney
- Training: Virtual Change Superhero Training
- Free Change Toolkit: www.changesuperhero.com
- Latest Performance Management Blog
ABOUT THE HOST
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. It was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the LinkedIn community - https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.