Manage episode 253111346 series 2032122
Susan David (@susandavid_phd) is a Harvard psychologist, co-founder and co-director of the Institute of Coaching at McLean Hospital, and author of Emotional Agility: Get Unstuck, Embrace Change, and Thrive in Work and Life.
What We Discuss with Susan David:
- What is emotional agility?
- What’s wrong with trying to force ourselves to be happy all the time? Is our society misguided by a tyranny of positivity today?
- Unpleasant and negative emotions actually serve a purpose — but what is that purpose and how can we use it to our advantage?
- How do our thoughts, emotions, and stories hook us into responding ineffectively to life’s challenges, and how can we break these patterns?
- Practical ways to develop our responses to adversity that leave us stronger and more capable.
- And much more…
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/311
FIGS knows nurses, doctors, dentists, and other awesome medical professionals deserve to wear scrubs that are antimicrobial and comfortable! Agree? Head to wearFIGS.com and enter code JHS at checkout for 15 percent off your first purchase!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
To truly thrive in all areas of your life, you can’t ignore the importance of good health. Try Organifi Green Juice for 20% off using code JORDAN when checking out at organifi.com!