Manage episode 223474942 series 2391274
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today, we're talking with Travis Hornsby, founder and CEO of Student Loan Planner, about everyone's least favorite topic, law school debt.
In this episode we discuss:
- What people should be thinking about regarding debt before starting law school
- What programs are available to make your debt work for your life
- The truth about Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Debt strategies for public interest lawyers and those in BigLaw
- Why putting your head in the sand about your debt is the worst possible choice
- The money mistakes even smart attorneys are making, and how to avoid them
- Student Loan Planner (https://www.studentloanplanner.com/)
- Law School Transparency (https://www.lawschooltransparency.com/)
- Podcast Episode 38: Can You Really Afford Law School? (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-38-can-you-really-afford-law-school/)
- Podcast Episode 96: How to Rapidly Pay Off Law School Debt (w/Guest Financial Panther) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-96-how-to-rapidly-pay-off-law-school-debt-with-guest-financial-panther/)
- Law School Myth: Lawyers Make a Lot of Money (https://thegirlsguidetolawschool.com/09/law-school-myth-1-lawyers-make-a-lot-of-money/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
One final note: we will be taking two weeks off the podcast for the holidays. Look for our next new episode on January 7th. We wish you all a restful and happy holiday season!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
180 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 41 mins duration .