Manage episode 206961096 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today we're talking about handling toxicity in law school – whether it's bad behavior from your classmates or overbearing expectations from other people, including your parents, professors, friends, or even yourself.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Common sources of toxic behavior in law school – your parents, professors, classmates, and sometimes your friends
- Consequences of too much toxicity – burn out, depression, and even substance abuse
- How to handle the toxic behavior and its consequences and some possible resources to help you
- Why one of the biggest sources of toxicity can be your own self-sabotaging behavior. We talk about how to identify it and give you some tips to deal with it.
- Podcast Episode 1: Mindset - The Key to Success in Law School? (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-1-mindset-key-success-law-school/)
- For Parents: Helping Your Law Student Get off to the Right Start (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/for-parents-helping-your-law-student-get-off-to-the-right-start/)
- Podcast Episode 123: Mental Health in Law School and the Legal Profession (with Sarah Weinstein) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-123-mental-health-law-school-legal-profession-sarah-weinstein/)
- Let’s Talk about Sleep (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/lets-talk-about-sleep/)
- Five Myths about the Law School Study Group (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/five-myths-about-the-law-school-study-group/)
- Podcast Episode 63: Dealing with Self-Sabotaging Behavior in Law School (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-63-dealing-self-sabotaging-behavior-law-school/)
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/LST-Ep-148-Toxicity-in-Law-School.pdf)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/).
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
203 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 38 mins duration .