Manage episode 213958861 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today we're talking about OCI offers and how to handle them with ex-BigLaw recruiter, Sadie Jones. If you're hoping to be a summer associate, tune in!
In this episode, we discuss:
- A full breakdown of the offer process and what you can expect
- Your responsibilities in the offer process – for example, how many offers you're supposed to have open at any time – and where to find that information
- What to consider when deciding which offer to accept
- Some reminders if you’re accepting an offer in another location. Guess what? You need to figure out where you’re going to live - the firm won’t do that for you!
- How and when to decline an offer
- CareerDicta (http://careerdicta.com)
- NALP – National Association for Law Placement, Inc. (https://www.nalp.org)
- NALP Principles and Standards (https://www.nalp.org/fulltextofnalpprinciplesandstandards)
- Vault (http://www.vault.com)
- American Lawyer (https://www.law.com/americanlawyer/?slreturn=20180626003951)
- Chambers (http://www.chambers-associate.com/home)
- Podcast Episode 140: OCI Strategy (w/Sadie Jones) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/episode-140-oci-strategy-w-sadie-jones/)
- Podcast Episode 152: Top OCI Mistakes to Avoid (w/Sadie Jones) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-152-top-oci-mistakes-to-avoid-w-sadie-jones/)
- Podcast Episode 155: Top Callback Mistakes to Avoid (w/Sadie Jones) (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-155-top-callback-mistakes-to-avoid-w-sadie-jones/)
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/LST-157-Handling-OCI-Offers-w-Sadie.pdf)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
202 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 38 mins duration .