Career Change in Just a Year: How Anthony Hacked His Productivity and Got Hired Ten Minutes After an Interview!
Manage episode 327398845 series 2826393
🎙 About the episode
Meet Anthony 🇳🇱! Anthony worked as a Guest Experience Teamleader at the Sea Life aquarium in Scheveningen, where he got his feet wet in the world of the web by helping set up and manage the aquarium's new website. Web development enticed him with its unlimited possibilities and he quickly realized he wanted to do it as a job.
In this episode, you'll learn why to set goals, why deadlines are important, how to use the Pareto principle, and how to create consistency in your learning. Anthony also shares his tips for crafting a resume (very important if you're switching careers!) and choosing your portfolio projects.
🔗 Connect with Anthony
- How Anthony got started with web development (01:32)
- How Anthony switched careers in a year (03:36)
- Keeping a consistent schedule (04:44)
- How Scrimba provided Anthony with structure (06:48)
- Anthony's strategy for getting his first junior developer job (11:18)
- Putting effort into applications (13:09)
- How many emails should you send? (14:24)
- Getting a job within ten minutes from an interview! (16:11)
- Negotiating an offer when changing careers (19:57)
- The importance of setting a goal (22:43)
- The Pareto Principle (23:58)
- Learning on YouTube, or from documentation (26:05)
🧰 Resources mentioned
⭐️ Leave a Review
If you enjoy this episode please leave a 5 star review here and let us know who you want to see on the next podcast.
You can also Tweet Alex from Scrimba at @bookercodes and tell them what lessons you learned from the episode so they can thank you personally for tuning in 🙏