Manage episode 345372578 series 3359431
My guest this week is Andrew Winston, co-author of Net Positive (with Paul Polman) and a globally recognized expert on megatrends and how to build companies that thrive by serving the world.
- How net positive – which means thriving by solving the world’s problems, not causing them – is different from what came before
- What the outside-in perspective – including the science-based targets movement – means for business strategy
- What companies like Unilever, IKEA, Patagonia, Mars, Microsoft, Google, and Stripe are doing to earn their recognition as pioneers in net positive
- Why partnerships and shifting societal norms are the key to making progress towards net positive – and achieving the scale of solutions that we urgently need
- What examples we see of tipping points that are seeding the net positive movement – including in clean tech and sustainable finance