Africa-focused technology, digital and innovation ecosystem insight and commentary.
Manage episode 123418570 series 123744
By Mark Derricutt, Richard Vowles, Mark Derricutt, and Richard Vowles. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- The president has decided to press the “Undo Java” button - removing Java... forever.
- Open GL port of SWT
- JDK 8 almost feature complete
- Oracle discontinues “free” JDK TimeZone updates - tzupdater still available to paid up licenses, but still shipped for free in the JDK, which now gets regular 4 monthly updates. Not sure I ever manually used tzupdater either...
- Open source git server for windows: Bonobo - uses GitSharp - I think I’d still just run GitBlit tho.
- Spring 4.0m1 and 3.2.3
- Spring Tool Suite and Groovy/Grails Tool Suite 3.3.0.M2 RELEASED
- HalBuilder 2.0.2 maintenance release, allows for _ prefix properties, restructuring work for 2.1.x ongoing - not split into 3-4 more artifacts.
- Kotlin M5.3 - delegated properties looks quite cool and powerful, yet simplistic to reason about.
- Scala 2.10.2 released - second maintenance release for the 2.10 series, 2.11m1 was also recently released.
- Slick 1.0.1 released
- Apache Maven 3.1-alpha-1 released - go test this sucker on your esoteric plugin configurations.
- Latest release of OWL API for OWL Web Ontologies released (3.4.4)
- Everyone wants to run PHP on their VM and XP Framework is a great library to help you do it. Release 5.9.0 this week.
- Moskito hit its 2.3.5 release this week.
- OSGI moves to the cloud. Everyone quake as further complexity is introduced.
Maven plugin of the week