Manage episode 192127556 series 1553903
It’s a podcast-palooza this holiday week: “Super-listeners” are the next big thing, Shortcut is a new open-source web app for sharing clips of podcasts on social media, and SoundCloud introduces a new metric for their platform, that measures algorithmically-driven plays.
- The Rise of the “Super-Listener”
- Shortcut web app lets listeners clip and share audio from podcasts
- Soundcloud Introduces new stats to monitor algorithmic discovery
This week’s topic for discussion is all about the difference between loudness, RMS, and peak amplitude, and to what levels you should be mastering your audio.
- ITU-R BS.1770-4
- Loudness Normalization for Radio: Guidelines and Practice
- The Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act (CALM)
- “The Walrus and the Carpenter” by Lewis Carroll
Special offer this week: Adobe Creative Suite 20% off, was $49.99/mo, now $39.99/mo
17 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 15 mins duration .