Manage episode 233860246 series 2402577
We are kicking off our new series: Workers' Book Club! In this ongoing series, we will record workers chatting with authors about books that relate to the lives, jobs, dreams, and struggles of the working class. To get things started, our host, Maximillian Alvarez, sat down to chat with author, historian, and independent scholar Keri Leigh Merritt about the recent volume she co-edited with Matthew Hild, Reconsidering Southern Labor History: Race, Class, & Power(University Press of Florida).
Additional links/info below...
- Keri's website and Twitter page
- Keri Leigh Merritt & Matthew Hild (eds), University Press of Florida, Reconsidering Southern Labor History: Race, Class, & Power
- Keri Leigh Merritt, Cambridge University Press, Masterless Men: Poor Whites and Slavery in the Antebellum South
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music Archive: freemusicarchive.org)
- Maya Angelou reading 'Workers' Song'
- Lobo Loco, "Malte Junior - Hall"
- The Trumpeteers, "Little Wooden Church"