Manage episode 249170045 series 2445362
Word of the Year
In this episode we reveal and discuss our word of the year. A few years ago, we each began the practice of praying and listening for the Lord to give us one word to focus on for the new year. It’s an opportunity to dive in to what God is speaking in our individual lives and respond in intentional ways.
Sister Miriam’s one thing - Love Come To Life - Melissa Helser & Molly Skaggs
Heather’s one thing - Every Sacred Sunday
Definitely also check out the quarterly subscription box, The Joy Box, which is designed for sharing.
Abiding Together listeners get 10% off the whole shop (including quarterly subscriptions, excluding yearly subscriptions) with code: abidewithme
- What struck you from the podcast?
- Did you have a Word of the Year this past year? How did it shape you and your relationship with God?
- What is your Word of the Year for the upcoming year? If you don’t have one yet, how can you make time to talk to God about it this week?
- How do you ask God to reveal your Word of the Year to you?
- Which saints are choosing you this year?
- Reflect and journal about this scripture: Isaiah 43:19. What does it speak to you personally?
- What “new thing” do you hear God calling you into this year?
- What spiritual journey has been the Lord been taking you on through your past Words of the Year?
Quote to Ponder - “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.― Saint Mother Teresa
Scripture for Lectio Divina - Isaiah 43:19: Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.