Manage episode 259310716 series 2445362
Pope Francis’ Easter Message
In this episode we talk about Pope Francis’s Easter homily. We discuss the themes of not being paralyzed in the midst of fear, overcoming self protection, the power in choosing to do the next right thing, and practicing resurrection in our lives. Small acts of love and receiving the gift of hope can be the game changers we need in this season.
Sister Miriam’s one thing - Heather Khym’s playlist, “Hallelujah is our Song”
Michelle’s one thing - The series The Chosen (Watch the trailer)
- What struck you from the podcast?
- What was a little hidden “Easter egg” that you found this year?
- In this cloistered time, how will you take silence to hear God speak to you, so you can emerge a resurrected person?
- What are small gestures of care, affection, and prayer that you can make this week?
- What are the stones you place in front of hope?
- Reflect and journal about this scripture: Matthew 28:1-7. What does it speak to you personally?
- Put yourselves in the position of one of the women throughout the Passion narrative. How do you react?
- What is the mountain that overwhelms you? How can you focus on the next right step?
- What are the places that you self protect and possibly miss out on a gift that God wants to give you?
Quote to Ponder - “Jesus’ hope is different. He plants in our hearts the conviction that God is able to make everything work unto good, because even from the grave he brings life.” - Pope Francis
Scripture for Lectio Divina - Matthew 28:1-7
When the sabbath was over,Mary Magdalene, Mary, the mother of James, and Salomebought spices so that they might go and anoint him.Very early when the sun had risen,on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb.They were saying to one another,"Who will roll back the stone for usfrom the entrance to the tomb?"When they looked up,they saw that the stone had been rolled back;it was very large.On entering the tomb they saw a young mansitting on the right side, clothed in a white robe,and they were utterly amazed.He said to them, "Do not be amazed!You seek Jesus of Nazareth, the crucified.He has been raised; he is not here.Behold the place where they laid him.But go and tell his disciples and Peter,'He is going before you to Galilee;there you will see him, as he told you.'”