Manage episode 219909087 series 56820
In this week’s B-SIDES episode, we’re talking about mastering: what IS audio mastering, and do you need to hire a professional to do it for you?
- We discuss what audio mastering is, and why it’s important that your music is properly mastered
- We talk about the pros of doing mastering yourself: with the main one being financial
- We talk about the cons of doing mastering yourself, and why you would want to hire a mastering engineer
- Marcio shares times where he masters tracks himself, and times where he would hire an engineer
- “Mastering engineers should take an already great product and make it even better” - Marcio Novelli
- We talk about DIY online mastering services, and the pros/cons of using services like these
- "Online mastering services are not a substitute for human ear, skill or experience” - Ross Barber-Smith
200 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 18 mins duration .