Manage episode 199584470 series 56820
Joining us this week from Hamilton, Ontario is musician, filmmaker and educator, Nathan Fleet. Nathan runs the Hamilton Film Festival and the entertainment production company, Blue Pick Media. As the director of the Hamilton Film Festival, Nathan is helping to grow, enhance and connect the filmmaking community in Hamilton and abroad.
As a professional musician, he has helped almost one million musicians with his music lessons on YouTube. In this interview, we hear more about Nathan's experience in the creative industries and the advice he would offer to his fellow creatives.
- We hear how Nathan got started in the creative industries and what led him to the Hamilton Film Festival
- We learn that Star Wars played a huge part in getting Nathan into film and music
- “In the film industry one job leads to another, and to another” - Nathan Fleet
- Nathan shares how he ended up running the Hamilton Film Festival - and it started by getting his foot in the door as a ticket collector!
- We hear how the Hamilton Film Festival select which films are included, and which aren’t
- Nathan shares his advice for creatives who are balancing multiple projects
- “Take on jobs that interest you and that will take you to the next step” - Nathan Fleet
- “Don’t be afraid to fail!” - Nathan Fleet
- Website: http://www.nathanfleet.com/
- Instagram: @nathanfleet
- Twitter: @nathanfleet
- Facebook: /nathanfleetfanpage
- Christine Infanger @ Thirty Roses
200 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 18 mins duration .