Manage episode 241497935 series 2288326
Can P2P lending boost housing delivery numbers by financially enabling SME house-builders? What does the P2P market need to learn from recent history to ensure a fair & transparent market of risk / reward for investors? Is technology the right answer?
Mike Bristow is CEO & Co-founder of CrowdProperty; a specialist property peer-to-peer lending platform facilitating loans between private individuals and UK professional property businesses. Lending is focused on the SME property developer market, a key segment for supplying much needed UK housing stock, which Mike believes poorly and inefficiently served by traditional funding sources.
In this podcast:
- How did CrowdProperty come about and how does it differentiate itself from its peers?
- Why is P2P suited to the SME property developer market?
- Has the collapse of ‘mainstream’ P2P business (e.g. Lendy) impacted business?
- How does the CrowdProperty model harness traditional & tech skills to deliver its service?
- How much further has P2P got to go in respect of the built environment
Mike’s favourite building is St Pancras. His recommended book is Yes! 50 secrets from the science of persuasion, Robert Cialdini & Steve Martin, encompassing 50 chapters of studies to ethically influence the human brain. Mike’s technology to keep an eye on is AskPorter; leveraging tech and AI to make human-resource intense management of buildings more efficient.