Manage episode 282905246 series 2812033
Ssssymbolism conversation continues! And it's Luke's fault, not Gomer's! Luke brings up the meaning behind a King's crown and how society knew where it stood in relation to it. This expands to a whole fascinating look at modern clothing and how hyper-abundance shifts our priorities in how we look, actually making the wearing of formal attire less important.
We discuss how symbols in society end up impoverishing that society.
Luke then asks, _What came first: the destruction of the symbolic meaning or the loss of personal dignity? _
- VanVickle GoFundMe
- Otto von Habsburg — The Last Holy Roman Emperor.
- Paul: A Biography (Audible Audio Edition): N. T. Wright, James Langton, HarperAudio: Audible Audiobooks — In this definitive biography, renowned Bible scholar, Anglican bishop, and best-selling author N. T. Wright offers a radical look at the apostle Paul, illuminating the humanity and remarkable achievements of this intellectual who invented Christian theology - transforming a faith and changing the world.
- Gal 1-2 RSVCE - Salutation - Paul an apostle—not from - Bible Gateway — 18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas, and remained with him fifteen days. 19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord’s brother. 20 (In what I am writing to you, before God, I do not lie!) 21 Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cili′cia. 22 And I was still not known by sight to the churches of Christ in Judea; 23 they only heard it said, “He who once persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.” 24 And they glorified God because of me.
- Crucial Conversations Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, Second Edition: Patterson, Kerry, Grenny, Joseph, McMillan, Ron, Switzler, Al: 8580001040288: Amazon.com: Books — The first edition of Crucial Conversations exploded onto the scene and revolutionized the way millions of people communicate when stakes are high. This new edition gives you the tools to: Prepare for high-stakes situations; Transform anger and hurt feelings into powerful dialogue; Make it safe to talk about almost anything; Be persuasive, not abrasive.
- Special report: City Football Group. Part one – empire building — Article on Manchester CIty Football Group from The Athletic
- Gratuitous Simpsons Clip — We monorail conductors are a dangerous breed