Manage episode 178140856 series 1428035
Shamanism Revived - The Christianizing of Four Occult Techniques
Ministry of the Holy Spirit versus Visualization, Inner Healing, Centering Meditation and Hypnosis
This audio message takes a close look at the Holy Spirit’s ministry in the Christian life versus dangerous Shaman techniques employed by a wide variety of occultists and many well-meaning yet undiscerning Christians.
Part 1 - A brief scriptural review of the person, nature and work of God the Holy Spirit.
- The Christian being “born from above” (born-again) by the Spirit of God (John 3:3-8).
- The Christian being regenerated and the indwelt by the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:11-16).
- The Christian being anointed by God the Holy Spirit to discern spiritual truth versus error (1 John 2:18-27).
- The Christian being empowered by the Holy Spirit to preach the Gospel and teach the Word of God (Acts of the Apostles).
- The Christian being guided by the Holy Spirit and understanding His personal influence (John 14:15-19, 26; 16:7-15).
- The importance of a Bible believing churches as they produce Bible believing Christians!
Part 2 - Four occult Shamanic techniques to avoid:
- Visualization (guided imagery)
- Inner healing (healing of memories)
- Meditation (centering prayer)
- Hypnosis (altered states)
Mention of occultist/psychologist Carl Gustav Jung and quotes from anthropologist and practicing shaman Michael Harner (The Way of the Shaman), positivism pioneer Norman Vincent Peale (Positive Imaging: The Powerful Way to Change Your Life ), occultist Napoleon Hill (Think and Grow Rich), and Christian/occult practitioner Agnes Sanford (The Healing Light; The Healing Gifts of the Spirit).
Scriptures: Daniel 1; John 3:3-8; Romans 8:11-16; 1 John 2:18-27; Acts; John 14:15-19, 26; 16:7-15; Genesis 6:1-5; Jeremiah 2:11-13; Psalm 46:10; 1 Timothy 4:1-5; Galatians 5:22-26.
(Originally titled “Shamanism Revived”)
- LawsonChristopher.org (Support)
- SpiritualResearchNetwork.com (SRN main)
- Spiritual-Research-Network.com (SRN archive)
- Visit our sites for our store links (Shop)
- Yoga and Meditation Dangers (International archive)
82 episodes available. A new episode about every 20 days averaging 40 mins duration .