Manage episode 220821674 series 1106723
Today's podcast is in response to a listener question:
At what point should one focus on prayers of healing in faith vs. nutritional interventions?
To address this, we'll dig in to the following scriptures:
1) Trust God to give wisdom — sometimes it’s time to act and sometimes it’s time to be still and trust:
- James 1:5-8: If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
- Prov 2:5-7: Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. He layeth up sound wisdom for righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
- Prov 16:9: “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.”
- Jeremiah 6:16: This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."
2) There is a time to act:
- Phil 2:13: it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
- 2 Chron 15:7: But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.
- Prov 13:4: The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.
- Prov 14:23: All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. (Hebrew definition of poverty: a need, thing needed, poverty)
3) There is a time to be still and let God act on your behalf:
- Hebrews 10:35 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward; for you have need of endurance, so that you may do the will of God and receive what is promised.
- Hebrews 10:23: Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
- James 5:7-8: See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.
- Hebrews 6:12: do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
4) It is wise to ALSO listen to the wisdom of the world (not instead of, but in addition to):
- Prov 11:14: “Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.”
- Prov 12:15: “The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.”
- Prov 13:20: “Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.” (So hang out with people who have healthy habits! https://www.health.com/weight-loss/friends-weight-loss)
5) Ultimately: Prov 3:5-6: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
231 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 9 mins duration .