Manage episode 359891296 series 2491141
Meet Jack Welch, celebrated wrecker of real jobs and leading light of Wall Street wankers. Please share this episode with your friends and start a conversation.
For an entertaining deep dive into the theme of season five (Phalse Prophets), read the definitive peer-reviewed taxonomic analysis from our very own Jason Bradford, PhD.
- David Gelles, The Man Who Broke Capitalism: How Jack Welch Gutted the Heartland and Crushed the Soul of America—and How to Undo His Legacy (2022).
- David Gelles, "How Jack Welch’s Reign at G.E. Gave Us Elon Musk’s Twitter Feed," New York Times (2022).
- Malcolm Gladwell, "Was Jack Welch the Greatest C.E.O. of His Day--Or the Worst?," The New Yorker (2022).
- Geoff Colvin, "The Ultimate Manager," Fortune (1999).
- Matthew J. Belvedere, "Jack Welch says Obama’s ‘wacky’ climate-change agenda hurts the US economy," CNBC (2016).
- "Jack Welch Fast Facts," CNN (2020).
- Scott Tong, "This is how shareholders got to be first in line for profits," Business Insider (2016).
- James B. Stewart, "Did the Jack Welch Model Sow Seeds of G.E.’s Decline?," New York Times (2017).
- Jack & Suzy Welch Winning (2005).
- Geoff Gloeckler, "Jack Welch Launches Online MBA," Bloomberg Businessweek (2009).
- Della Bradshaw, "Jack Welch on the executive MBA he created in his own image," Financial Times (2014).
- Jack Welch Management Institute .
- Oxfam "Top 1% grab twice as much new wealth as everyone else combined".
- Economic Policy Institute “CEO pay has skyrocketed".