Manage episode 364793882 series 2491141
Meet Guy McPherson, the extinction enthusiast who undermines legitimate climate concerns by predicting we’re all going to die yesterday. Please share this episode with your friends and start a conversation.
Warning: This podcast occasionally uses spicy language.
For an entertaining deep dive into the theme of season five (Phalse Prophets), read the definitive peer-reviewed taxonomic analysis from our very own Jason Bradford, PhD.
- Guy McPherson, "Near-Term Extinction blog post," Nature Bats Last (last updated 2016).
- Scott Johnson, "How Guy McPherson gets it wrong," Fractal Planet, 2014.
- Michael Tobis, "McPherson’s Evidence That Doom Doom Doom," Planet 3.0, 2014.
- Nathan Curry, "Humanity Is Getting Verrrrrrry Close to Extinction," Vice, 2013.
- BizNewsTV, "'Humans will be extinct by 2026' - 'doom and gloom prophet' Prof McPherson on abrupt climate change," January 19, 2023.
- Shannon Osaka, "Why climate 'doomers' are replacing climate 'deniers',” Washington Post, March 24, 2023.
- Jerome Roos, "We Don’t Know What Will Happen Next," New York Times, April 18, 2023.
- List of McPherson predictions