Manage episode 377574959 series 2151271
Today, you’ll learn about turning dirty fog into clean drinking water, how hookworms might help stave off diabetes, and a surprising link between memory and paranoia.
Dirty Fog to Clean Water
- “Collecting clean water from fog.” by Fabio Bergamin. 2023.
- “Scientists are harvesting water by building fog harps and zapping the air.” by Angela Chen. 2018.
- “Hookworms successfully prevent type 2 diabetes in human trial.” by Bronwyn Thompson. 2023.
- “Metabolic syndrome in type 2 diabetic patients: a review of current evidence.” by Virginia M.G. Regufe, et al. 2020.
- “Parasites - Hookworm.” CDC. 2023.
Paranoia & Memory
- “Paranoia appears to have a strange effect on memory.” by Eric W. Dolan. 2023.
- “Paranoia Is Associated With Impaired Novelty Detection and Overconfidence in Recognition Memory Judgements.” by William N. Koller & Tyrone D. Cannon. 2021.
- “Paranoia.” by Paul Frysh. 2021.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.