Manage episode 246023411 series 2285149
In this episode, Nathan and Sara Vladic discuss:
- Sara’s role as the storyteller for USS Indianapolis
- The story of USS Indianapolis.
- What Sara has learned over the 17-year-long project.
- The legacy of the USS Indianapolis.
- A perfect storm of miscommunication occurred in the disaster of the USS Indianapolis sinking on July 30, 1945.
- Only 316 survived from the original 1,196 crew on board.
- The legacy of the Indianapolis story is to recognize the significance of what our veterans choose to do for us and how they fought to provide the freedoms which we now enjoy.
"Not all of us are meant to serve, but we can certainly serve those who did and we should never forget that." — Sara Vladic
Connect with Sara Vladic:
Connect with Nathan Mersereau:
LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau
Address: 36800 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200
Show Notes by Podcastologist/Show Producer: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.