Manage episode 252630935 series 2487333
In this podcast, we chat to Christian Easterday, Managing Director of Hot Chili Ltd, an ASX-listed Australian mineral exploration company, well-advanced in developing its portfolio of copper projects on the coastal range in Region III, Chile.
With impressive recent results, we chat about the company's Cortadera project and the possibility of turning it into a Tier 1 asset due to the discoveries that have been made. We talk about the widely publicised lack of new large-scale copper developments in the world, and how Hot Chili’s projects stack up against other developments and recent major discoveries.
- Hot Chili was listed on the ASX back in 2010, and saw great success through the results gained by their flagship project near Santiago.
- Since developing the Cortadera project, Hot Chili have seen huge exponential growth on site. The scale of the project, and the rewards found so far, have amazed the company, and exceeded expectations.
- Hot Chili are heading a very narrow field of companies who have made significant discoveries over recent years; discoveries which have led to a firm foothold in the industry, and which have led to heightened prosperity.
- Copper is a very deep market. Projects that deal in copper are becoming more rare, are more difficult to find. The industry has responded by investing more into copper identification, and to seek that next, elusive Tier 1 copper find…
- Copper is the “green metal” of the future. It is the centre of electrification, and in turn, the centre of the renewables industry. It is a resource that will be talked about more and more in the coming years.
‘You show your resilience when you go through nuclear winters'
‘We ended the years as one of the highest-performing ASX companies’
‘What we have at the moment is certainly a lot bigger than we thought’
’That external environment on copper price becomes less important’
‘Copper is on everyone’s shopping list’
Are you going to the upcoming Indaba Mining Conference 2020 in Cape Town, South Africa from the 3rd – 6th February, 2020?
The event is one of the world’s biggest mining events, where professionals in the mining industry can meet like-minded people and peers to connect with. There will be special keynote speakers from some of the top CEO’s working at the biggest mining companies in the world, so it’s a great environment to learn new technologies, make connections, and develop your overall mining knowledge and awareness of the industry.
I have a special offer for all listeners to the podcast. As a media partner to the Mining Indaba, Dig Deep is delighted to be able to offer listeners a 10% discount on delegate passes by using the code – DigDeep10
So follow this link and purchase your ticket: https://www.miningindaba.com/Page/register
Hot Chili - https://www.hotchili.net.au
ABOUT THE HOST
Rob Tyson is an established recruiter in the mining and quarrying sector and decided to produce the “Dig Deep” The Mining Podcast to provide valuable and informative content around the mining industry. He has a passion and desire to promote the industry and the podcast aims to offer the mining community an insight to peoples experiences and careers covering any mining discipline, giving the listeners helpful advice and guidance on industry topics.
Rob is the Founder and Director of Mining International Ltd, a leading global recruitment and headhunting consultancy based in the UK specialising in all areas of mining across the globe from first world to third world countries from Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. We source, headhunt and discover new and top talent talent through a targeted approach and search methodology and have a proven track record in sourcing and positioning exceptional candidates into our clients organisation in any mining discipline or level. Mining International provides a transparent, informative and trusted consultancy service to our candidates and clients to help them develop their careers and business goals and objectives in this ever-changing marketplace.