Manage episode 222966480 series 103412
In ep. 36, Zack interviewed Demetris Yannopoulos on the amazing ECPR experience at University of Minnesota. In this crash episode, I reinterview Dr. Yannopoulos on the intricacies of how cannulates.
- Uses amplatz super-stiff with 1cm J-tip
- arterial puncture first
- dilates with 12 and 14 for artery and 16 and 18 for vein
- places venous cannula first
- 25 F venous cannula
- places arterial 15 F in females and 17 F in males empirically (different than publication)
- Dilates tracts with kelly
- Starts flow at 2.5 50% fio2 and ramps up
- His leg perfusion cath of choice is the 9F Arrow Mac. He uses the big sideport for blood flow and the smaller one to run the systemic heparin
The post Crash Episode – MicroDissection of Yannopoulos’ ECMO Method appeared first on ED ECMO.
102 episodes available. A new episode about every 36 days averaging 28 mins duration .