Manage episode 225741081 series 30336
It’s easy to think that early retirement will be the answer to all your problems.
After all, how could you not be happy when you don’t have to work anymore?
I’ve written about why early retirement is not a magic bullet but what if it actually makes your life worse?
On today’s episode of the Financial Independence Podcast, I interview a reader named Tony who found this to be the case.
He’s since decided to go back to the same career he retired from and is enjoying work (and life) more than ever.
During the interview, we dive into the overlooked benefits of work and the downsides of early retirement.
We also explore serious issues that aren’t talked about enough, like depression and mental health.
Huge thank you to Tony for sharing his deeply personal story with us.
- The benefits of having a job that are hard to find elsewhere
- Why early retirement won’t magically fix all your problems
- The importance of building human contact into your early retirement plan
- The dark side of having a driving passion and purpose
- Signs that you need to seek help for your mental health problems
- What it’s like going back to work after early retirement
- The Office Space Effect and how FI can make you a better (and happier) employee
56 episodes available. A new episode about every 43 days averaging 47 mins duration .