Manage episode 265483029 series 1857611
Kingswood Skis is a custom indie ski manufacturer based on the South Island of New Zealand, and we caught up with Kingswood founder, Alex Herbert, as the southern hemisphere ski season is getting underway to talk about ski materials, sidewalls, cosmetics & construction, base material thickness, and Kingswood’s rather unconventional Race Department.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- New Zealand & Covid-19 (2:09)
- The southern hemisphere ski season (8:41)
- The quick Kingswood backstory (15:31)
- Ski materials (17:09)
- Sidewalls & cap construction (25:13)
- Cosmetics & Ski Repairs (28:20)
- Base material thickness (32:57)
- Ski shapes (39:59)
- Being 100% made to order (49:26)
- Kingswood’s Race Department (53.08)
- What We’re Celebrating (56:53)
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.