Manage episode 230358822 series 1418260
Podcast: We drink 10 beers in 30 minutes and match each style with the proper glassware!
Beer list is below: On tap this episode is a whirlwind of beer tasting as the crew bucks it's normal format to tackle drinking 10 beers in 30 minutes. After each beer, we make a case for the proper glassware for that particular style, although the line-up is so good, almost any vessel would suffice. Maybe for our upcoming 4/20 episode, we'll utilize this same format again...why not!
- Victory at Sea - Ballast Point (San Diego, CA): A 10.0% Imperial Porter is a bold, smooth brew with just the right amount of sweetness, infused with vanilla and San Diego’s own Caffe Calabria coffee beans.
- Hazyish IPA - Avery Brewing (Boulder, CO): A 7.0% juicy, hazyIndia Pale Ale brewed for a with low bitterness, an expressive aroma of four hops; Simcoe, Amarillo, Azacca and Mosaic.
- Arabicadabra - Bells (Kalamazoo, MI): A 5.5% Coffee Milk Stout brewed with a cold coffee extract made at the brewery using a combination of fair trade, organic Nicaraguan coffee beans and Sumatra coffee beans...plus lactose.
- Pilsner - Wernesgruner (Germany): A 4.9% brilliant straw color, with floral and hop aromas. The flavor is incredibly smooth, crisp and refreshing. Available at ALDI's.
- Rugged Coalminer - Scorched Earth (Algonquin, IL): A 5.9% rich, chocolatey, Robust Porter. It pours like the perfect shot of espresso, dark and rich, with a creamy head. The smooth caramel body softly balances the chocolate coffee-like notes.
- Pazuzu’s Pedals - Illuminated Brew Works (Chicago, IL): A 6.3% Farmhouse Porter w/Black Cardamom features flavors of bitter chocolate, coffee, dark fruit, smoke and herb.
- Fuel Cafe - Lakefront Brewery (Milwaukee, WI): A 6.4% coffee stout combines roasted malts and Milwaukee’s renowned organic Fuel Café coffee.
- Four Chord Wonder - PollyAnna (Petaluma, CA): A 5.5% single hopped American Pale Ale is brewed with Vienna Malt, Amarillo Hops and American Yeast.
- Southy Bitch Slap - Pig Minds (Machesney Park, IL): A 5.2% abv, Our flagship brew, a malty delicious Irish/American Red ale.
- Cream Ale - Genesee (Rochester, NY): A 5.2% traditional cream ale. Smooth like a lager. Crisp like an ale, and readily purchased for less than $0.50/12 ounce can.
POST-Eagles: We finish up with just released music samples from Don Felder, featuring a who's who of celebrity rockers on his new solo album titled American Rock-n-Roll, out April 5. Don is best known for his work as a lead guitarist of the Eagles from 1974 until his departure in 2001.
A hearty SQUEAL to Pig Minds Brewing Co. and Artele & Co. for their awesome support and sponsorship! #drinkitup
43 episodes available. A new episode about every 19 days averaging 68 mins duration .