Manage episode 223904367 series 1418260
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! This episode takes a look back at our interviews with the home brewers, brew masters, rock stars and brewing topics we covered throughout the 2018 podcast season. After 19 episodes, more than 20 guests, 40 interviews and 100 beer tastings, it's time to reminisce the highlights of an awesome year.
We also imbibe in a slurry of incredible beer tastings that include a new home brew from Brent, his session hazy IPA featuring Cashmere hops, the traditional scotch ale of Bell's Christmas Ale, and three big boy beers all over 10 AVB with Ridgeway's Insanely Bad Santa, New Holland's Dragon's Milk S'mores and Flying Monkey's Arcadian Groove Imperial Maple Porter.
Episodes recap of 2018 home brewing topics includes:
- E16 Beer Fitness, Health, Resolutions - Two Brothers, Surly, FoundersHome Brewer Eric Johnson, music from Go Go Torpedo
- E17 Taxes, Casks, Beer News - Revolution, Hopslam, Home BrewHome Brewer Matt Berthiaume, music from Purple Hell
- E18 Brewery Startups & Hiccups - Brian Endl of Pig MindsPig Minds founder Brian Endl, music from Minneapolis guitar virtuoso Jon James
- E19 St. Patrick's Day Beers and Prairie Street Brewing CoMaster Brewer Steve Lenox with Shawn Steiner, music from Havana Honey
- E20 March Madness Beer: Cinderella, DMS, Holy CityCharleston Brewer Chris Brown of Holy City, music from guitarist Bill Dolan/Das Boton
- E21 Carson Souza - A Midwest Craft Brewing SoundtrackRemote show at Pig Minds w/master brewer Carson sSouza, Shane Johnson, +FCB home brewers
- E22 If It Ferments?! with Homebrewer Mike CoismanMike Coisman talks fermenting anything, music from Minneapolis brood rock band The Phones
- E23 Big Brew 2018 with Forest City BrewersRemote show at the ballpark, Cincinnati Irish Red was Ron Derry, Mike Bohn with his Belgian Dark Strong Ale, Jerry Machula and his Hefeweizen, Mike Coisman beer with Centennial hops.
- E24 Wanna Quickie? Home Brew Fast LagersA lesson in brewing lagers in half the time, music from Tin Tin Can
- E25 Best Day Drinking Beers and BrewsDarin Kolls, music from Maggie’s Dream
- E26 Great Taste of the Midwest Pre-Fest Podcast 2018Guest Corey Kuczynski, music by Brain Kingdom
- E27 Adjunct Brewing and Ryan Brewing One-Barrel StartupRyan Brewing master brewer, Todd Ryan, music from Crash Kings
- E28 Pre: Screw City Beer Fest 2018Guest Aaron Sleger, mucic from by Stuart Davis
- E29 Screw City Beer Fest 2018: Mustache BashInterviews with event founds Aaron Sleger and Chris Wachowiak, plus a slew of home brewers from Forest City Brewers talk about their festival beer prep
- E30 Beards & Beers in the Urban ForestUrban Forest founders Alex Cando And Heath Meyers, music by Darwin’s Waiting Room, Five Bolt Main, Alston and Silence is Broken
- E31 Couples Brewing - Takes Two To TangoHayley Dickinson and David Setiawan, music by Shawm Smith
- E32 Off Kilter Brewing - Palate FatigueOff Kilter Brewing Founder Jim Goecks, music by Elgin Park
- E34 Rock-n-Roll Beers on the TundrasBrian Mastrangeli and Cory Wicklund of Tundras share beer drinking philosophy and their music
Tune in for the 2019 kick off in January with NEW short episodes and guest from all over this blessed nation!
Please share this podcast with your friends (below) and send us your feedback for what you’d like us to talk about on the Home Brew Rock Stars Facebook page. Plus, you can now buy our Home Brew Rock Stars T-shirts on Threadless. See ya next episode! #drinkitup
42 episodes available. A new episode about every 19 days averaging 68 mins duration .