Manage episode 174335645 series 62224
Audio Only Version
Hey hey! Welcome to episode 225 of Life on Fire. If you’re like most people you’ve set goals, you’ve probably even been really excited about your goals. But if you’re also like most people, you haven’t achieved ever goal you’ve created for yourself.
Why don’t goals always work for everyone? Because they’re not as strong as declarations. After working with high performers, big-time achievers, and Navy SEALs, I found a five step process to achieving anything you want for yourself and your life.
On episode 225 of Life on Fire you’ll hear the process explained step by step; you’ll also hear how I’m currently using it for my health, and you’ll have access to a resource that will help you implement this process into your life right now!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why goals don’t always work, and declarations work. (2:20)
- What role does integrity play? (3:00)
- Why your declaration needs a timeframe. (5:00)
- Does your subconscious mind know the difference between pretend and reality? (6:55)
- What is resourcing up and why is it critical to your success? (7:50)
- Head to www.LifeOnFireWebinar.com for our free advanced training!
More About This Show
If you’ve set goals in the past and haven’t achieved them, you’ve probably also spent some time examining why they didn’t work. There’s a very simple reason: goals don’t carry much weight.
Think about it – is it ever someone’s goal to be faithful in their marriage? Heck no! Would you want to marry someone who said that to you? Of course not! You want to marry someone who will declare their faithfulness, and declare it in front of your friends, family and other loved ones.
Do you see the difference? A declaration is far more powerful than a goal. I’ve seen it in my clients’ lives and I’ve witnessed it in my own life.
With that in mind and based on research with Navy SEALs, celebrities and other high performers, we’ve come with a new model for achieving declarations. There’s a five step process to making your declaration a reality and we explain each step on today’s episode.
1. Step one is to start with your vision and get clear on it. What is that you want to achieve in your life? What does your life look like when you do? Think of all the areas of your life from your health to your love life to your business and finances to your overall lifestyle – what do you have in all of those areas? When you’re clear on that then move on to step two.
2. Step two is to declare it publicly so it carries weight. When you tell others what you are doing it keeps you on the hook for it! Be sure your declaration has a timestamp on it – by when are you going to achieve the thing you’ve set out to do?
I did this recently with my health and weight: I declared publicly that I am competing in a men’s fitness competition! Megan encouraged me to declare it, she wanted it to be challenging for me so I could set the habits for a healthy lifestyle. Now that I’ve declared it it means I have to follow through! And I will do so at my competition on March 18th.
3. Step three is writing a letter. This is key! You are writing this as if it has already happened: the emotions you feel, embody those feelings and write that in your letter.
Then read it every morning when you wake up, and before you go to bed. Train your subconscious mind to believe this has happened. Your subconscious mind doesn’t know the difference between pretend and reality. Reading it every day keeps you fired up and on track.
4. Step four is resource up. This means getting books that will help you, getting coaching, joining groups, etc. Do whatever you can to get yourself to become the person who will achieve that vision and make your declaration real.
5. And finally step five is choosing faith over fear. Life is going to throw you so many obstacles, but keep the faith. You will probably get some big monkey wrenchs thrown at you along the way but choose faith. Reading your letter twice a day, and relying on your resources will help you choose faith over fear.
Using this five step process I have taught over 2500 people to get what they want: to have better health, happier marriages and relationships, more money, bigger and more successful businesses, all of it.
In fact, Megan and I are so passionate about this training that we are teaching this on an upcoming webinar. If you are setting resolutions and goals and aren’t achieving them, what are you going to do differently to get different results? Take a stand for yourself and your life right now, check out lifeonfirewebinar.com for free access to the full, intensive training and then get living your Life on Fire!