Manage episode 226615089 series 2471185
Our conversation begins with Jo sharing some of her memorable moments from math class followed by a rich discussion about the importance of thinking deeply to communicate mathematical understanding, ideas for differentiation in the math classroom, teaching through task, and much more!
Get ready to grow your brain with a variety of amazing mathematical ideas for your classroom.
- How math is visual and by teaching with visual resources we can strengthen our students understanding.
- Why math class needs to be social and collaborative instead of isolated.
- How to differentiate your math lessons with intentionality.
- Why we need more than just memorization of math facts and procedures.
- How to meet your standards while teaching through tasks.
Show notes and resources: http://makemathmoments.com/episode10
Making Math Moments That Matter Online Workshop http://makemathmoments.com/onlineworkshop