Manage episode 236066024 series 1537292
Most diagnostic tests look for a single microorganism, or at most a limited panel of microorganisms. Charles Chiu discusses his research on metagenomic sequencing as a diagnostic tool that can identify all potential pathogens in a given patient sample.
Links for this Episode:
- MTM Listener Survey, only takes 3 minutes! Thanks;)
- Charles Chiu Profile at UCSF
- Chiu Lab at UCSF
- Validation of Metagenomic Next-Generation Sequencing Tests for Universal Pathogen Detection
- The Eukaryotic Gut Virome in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: New Clues in Enteric Graft-Versus-Host Disease
- HOM Tidbit: Dochez and Avery. The Elaboration of Specific Soluble Substance by Pneumococcus during Growth. Journal of Experimental Medicine 1917.
- HOM Tidbit: Kozel and Burnham-Marusich. Point-of-Care Testing for Infectious Diseases: Past, Present, and Future. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2017.