Manage episode 316273718 series 2913396
Tyler Erickson is a Developer Advocate at Google, more specifically working on Google Earth Engine - a platform providing access to many different Earth Observation datasets merged together - allowing users to focus more time on building their solutions.
We talk about the importance of curiosity across fields to foster innovation, go behind the scenes of Google Earth Engine, and explore OpenET, an application Tyler has worked on that leverages Earth Engine.
- Range by David Epstein
- American Geophysical Union
- Rebecca Moore
- Google Earth Engine
- NASA Processing Levels
- Book & Media recommendations:
- 03:10 - Conversation starts, Tyler introduces himself
- 8:45 - Generalists or Specialists
- 13:30 - Fostering innovations & ideas across fields
- 18:45 - Incentivizing sharing in research
- 21:45 - Reproduce & Replicate
- 30:00 - Tyler’s work: Developer Advocate at Google Earth Engine
- 34:20 - A Short History of Google Earth Engine
- 40:40 - Why did people use it?
- 52:20 - Opinionated Data Processing
- 59:50 - Working with a community
- 1:03:30 - Commercial partnerships
- 1:18:00 - OpenET
- 1:27:10 - Building a solution that solves specific problems
- 1:33:45 -Benefits & Drawbacks of Story Telling
- 1:42:00 - Book & Media Recommendations
Please feel free to reach out!